CIRCLE Indonesia has finished a midterm evaluation of the project “Community Based Permanent Shelter”, a Caritas Switzerland Project supported by Swiss Solidarity and Caritas Network. The aim of the evaluation is to measure the effectiveness and the relevance of the project, and to recommend ways for improvement of the project implementation for the remaining period until March 2012.
The Evaluation was conducted in a participatory methodology, fully involving the major stakeholders in the Program both at the organization as well as the community/beneficiary level. Data collection was conducted on 16 – 22 September 2011 in two villages, Kampung Lambah and Rukam Pauh Manih.
The evaluation reached all key resource persons, male and female, through various methods of data collection with the composition as follow:
- FGD with male and female beneficiaries
- In-depth interview with local authority
- In-depth interview with community disaster committee
- In-depth interview with village committee
- Interview with Caritas Switzerland management and project staff
- Group interview with construction labors
- Interview with suppliers
- Document review
- Observation: 16 houses
All the data was analyzed using the qualitative method. The findings of the evaluation was presented on 23rd September 2011.by