Most Significant Change (MSC) is a technique in participatory Monitoring & Evaluation. This technique consists of a series of steps and narrates important changes in the perspective of the storyteller (beneficiaries, stakeholders, staff, etc.). The story of change can be an individual or a group story.
CIRCLE Indonesia was trusted by World Vision Indonesia to conduct MSC training for WVI Moringa Project staff in NTT, North Maluku and Central Sulawesi.
This training is carried out in 5 days with 3.5 hours per day.
- Participants have a better understanding of the MSC approach
- Participants have better skills in writing MSC stories
The topics given in this training consist of:
- Understanding “Change” in MSC
- MSC as a participatory approach
- Change domain
- Story collection: peer interview
- Writing stories from the results of peer interviews
- Select MSC story
- Story Analysis
- MSC Integration within the M&E Framework
Ima Susilowati, our senior consultant, conducted this training using the following methods:
- Group discussion with break out room
- Cross review