Batch 2: Strategic Planning (SP), Project Cycle Management (PCM) dan Organizational Performance Management (OPM)
- Yohanes da Masenus Arus, MA
- Retno Agustin
After the completion of the batch 1 training that was held on March 17-19, 2021, CIRCLE Indonesia conducted the batch 2 training with the themes of Strategic Planning (SP), Project Cycle Management (PCM) and Organizational Performance Management (OPM). This training was organized in Palangkaraya on 29 – 21 July 2022.
The training aimed to answer the needs of the BOS Foundation in order to strengthen the knowledge and skills of the staff, especially the Coordinators and Program Managers in carrying out the mission of the BOS Foundation.
This 3-day training applied a participatory method that encouraged active participation and interactive discussion between the facilitator and the participants as well as among the participants themselves. The trainings agenda included:
- Initial orientation
- Questions and answers
- Group discussions and exercises
75% of the training duration emphasized on question-and-answer process and group exercises; and the remaining focused on the introduction of concepts, perceptions, and perspective sharing, before entering group exercises for each important topic.
After attending the training, the participants were expected to be able to:
- Strengthen their understanding regarding the flows and processes of SP, PCM, and OPM.
- Improve their understanding regarding the SP process that includes the process of determining strategic issues, strategic programs, strategic objectives, and indicators
- Improve their understanding regarding PCM that includes the process of conducting assessments, developing plans, monitoring, and evaluating projects.
- Improve their understanding regarding the stages of the OPM process, that includes performance plans and goal setting, performance reviews, competency models, and leadership development.
During the training, the participants learned and explored several topics, namely:
- Strategic Planning (Definition and Stages)
- Formulating Vision and Mission
- Formulate issues, strategic objectives, strategic aims and indicators
- Understanding PCM
- Assessment and Problems Analysis
- Formulation of objectives, indicators, MoV, Assumptions and Risks
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Organizational Performance Management
- Goal setting and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Performance Evaluation and Assessment
The training was attended by a total of 19 participants that consisted of 3 female and 16 male participants; They were the Coordinators and Program Managers of the Nyaru Menteng program, Mawas Program, Samboja Lestari and RHOI, staff representatives from Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park (TNBBBR), BKSDA Central Kalimantan and BOS Foundation Headquarter.